TOOLING, COINING COMPONENTS USED ON OMW THERMOFORMERS
OMV THERMOFORMING TOOLS INCLUDE THE VITAL FLANGE COINING FEATURE (MOVING COINER) WHICH ENSURES FLAT AND CONSISTENT THICKNESS OF THE PART FLANGE. THE TIMING, PRESSURE AND TEMPERATURE OF THE COOLED/HEATED COINERS ARE CONTROLLED FROM THE OPERATOR SCREENS.
PUNCH & DIE TRIMMING COMPONENTS
- The diagram below illustrates the various tooling components that are critical to forming of the parts.
- The DIE PLATE, which is mounted to the upper moving form platen.
- The PUNCHES, which are mounted around each mold cavity on the lower revolving molds.
- The COINERS, which move within the upper DIE Plate, and which house the Air Savings device.
- During the forming cycle, the ON time (Downward Movement) of the coiners can be decided as well as the amount of force to squeeze the flange. This means that the flange thickness can be changed depending on the timing and force applied.
The Moving Coiners can be temperature controlled for tighter control of the flange thickness
FLAT AND CONSISTENT THICKNESS FLANGES ARE CRITICAL FOR SEALING AND OTHER OPERATIONS